Car Detail Page FINANCE
GKD Legend 2011 (L) Black
As the recent reviews in 'Complete Kit Car' (Oct 2011) and 'BMWCAR' (Jan 2012) say, "This is a Legend in the making". With a Lotus Seven-style aluminium body fitted with a BMW E36 M3 320bhp Engine and a kerbside weight around 700Kg's, the results are simply phenomenal".
This is the first 6 Cylinder GKD Legend to hit the roads and it was built with a kit from GKD Sports Cars and a power train from a BMW M3 by Aircraft Engineer Jason Spencer at a cost of well over 30,000!
The brief specification is as follows:
* Bodywork: Aluminium with GRP nose, scuttle and wings
* Chassis: Steel spaceframe
* Engine: BMW M3 3.2 litre S6 24v - chipped ECU
* Gearbox: BMW 5 Speed Manual short-shift
* Exhaust - Six Branch Stainless Steel by 'Tube Engineers' in Linconshire
* Racelogic Traction and Launch Control
* Brakes: Front - BMW 328 Discs/Calipers, Rear - VW Golf Calipers with Black Diamond 286mm solid Discs, both with Mintex M1144 pads
* Suspension: Double wishbones/coilover dampers
* Weight: 730 Kgs
* Max Power: 330hp @ 7400rpm
* Max Torque: 258lb ft @ 3250rpm
* 0-60 mph: 3.4 seconds
* 0-100 mph: 7.5 seconds
* Interior: Intatrim Seats, Luke 4-point Harnesses, Quick-release OMP suede Steering Wheel, 'Stack' main instrument unit with change-up lights, Savage push-button switches, Toggle switches, Racelogic LCD display
Wheels: 16" Team Dynamic's with 205/50 & 225/50 R16 Toyo Tyres
Exterior: Full bolt down Roll Cage, Motorcycle Wing Mirrors, carbon fibre NACA duct, Vinyl wrapped aluminium bodywork.
The car does have a full black mohair tonneau and separate luggage compartment cover, but no hood or windscreen.
It took just over 12 months to build this car and it has only covered 1,900 miles and is in fabulous condition. It also has some spare (new) rear wings and a 'track' exhaust system + a period number plate which all come as part of the package.
We have never driven anything quite as exhilarating as this GKD and it would make an excellent track-day or hill-climb car. You could not buy a car with this specification or one that has been so expertly put together for this price, especially when the parts and man-hours required are added together!
Car on display @ our showrooms
- Type -
- Year -
- Basic colour -
- Colour name -
- Transmission -
- Orientation -
Right Hand Drive
- Trim -
- Wheels -
- Type -